Clean Diesel TDI
At Volkswagen Group, we are providing that clean diesel technologies are a practical and economically friendly bridge to the fuel alternatives of tomorrow.
Clean Diesel TDI vehicles from Audi and Volkswagen Group are built on innovative turbo-charged direct-injection engine technologies for enhanced fuel economy. We combine that with the most advanced catalytic converter systems, designed to meet the toughest emission standards. Finally, we use ultra-low–sulfur clean diesel fuel. The result is the best of both worlds for people and the planet:
- More than 30% improvements in real-world fuel economy
- 25% reduction in CO2 emissions
- 90% reduction in nitrous oxide emissions
- The best long-commute performance — up to 795 miles per tank
- The most efficient internal combustion engine — delivering more torque, longer lifetime performance and lower maintenance costs
According to the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), converting one-third of the cars on the road today to TDI Clean Diesel would save approximately 1.4 million barrels of oil a day. That’s equal to the daily shipments from Saudi Arabia to the United States.
J.D. Power and Associates projects the new vehicle diesel market will triple in the coming years, reaching 15 percent of all sales by 2020 — saving 17 billion gallons of fuel over the fleet’s useful life. At Volkswagen Group of America, we’re miles ahead of the curve.